This month’s AVCA demonstration is a very practical one. It is essential to how to matte and frame your work properly to ensure your pieces look their best when exhibiting. Wendy Ray will be bringing along a professional framer friend of hers to show us the basics. The class is tomorrow, December 16th from 7:00pm to 8:30pm at the AVCA Gallery. Come on out for what is certain to be an educational workshop.
The December AVCA board meeting is tonight from 6pm-7pm, come meet your new officers for 2015! AVCA board meetings are open to all members, so if you want to come see what we do and where we want AVCA to go in the next year and beyond…come on down and check us out.
Directly after the meeting stick around for the AVCA year end pot luck, hob nob with members and show off that special recipe you’ve been wanting to try!
Please join us this evening at 7pm for our guest Artist Wendy Ray who will be demonstrating and answering your questions about proper framing and matting techniques for your art. Bring your questions as this will be a fun and informative talk for all artists!
- Please bring in 2-3 small pieces or 1 large piece to hang in the gallery!!!
- We would love to see some pieces that would work well for gift giving; Miniatures, pottery, jewelry, sculpture ect…. (pieces under $50 would be great) If you have these type of pieces please bring these as well as your regular art.
- Make sure you are a paid member or bring in your membership fee and form at the time of intake. (Available here: auburnvalleycreativearts.com )
- Have your ID tags and artwork loan agreement filled out and ready to go at intake. (Available here: auburnvalleycreativearts.com/forms )
- Have your pictures securely wired for hanging… pictures not wired properly can not be accepted at Gallery Managers discretion .
- To hang please have a volunteer duty arranged or your $20.00 hanging fee in-lieu of a duty.
Join AVCA for an al fresco day of painting in beautiful Soos Creek Park this Saturday, September 13th!
We will be painting in the park from 10 am -1pm. Members, future members and non-members welcome!! They have great selections of beautiful areas to paint in and the weather should be perfect. For details, questions and to RSVP please contact Conni and firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the gardens click here.
Please save the date for our next monthly meeting: Tuesday, September 9th at 7:00PM. Marie Lyndemere will be leading a demonstration of pastel techniques that are certain to be of interest to artists in the drawing and painting mediums. Don’t forget that our gallery is now located inside the Arcade Building at 222 East Main Street. Looking forward to catching up on what all the AVCA members have been up to this summer!