- Please bring in 2-3 small pieces or 1 large piece to hang in the gallery!!!
- We would love to see some pieces that would work well for gift giving; Miniatures, pottery, jewelry, sculpture ect…. (pieces under $50 would be great) If you have these type of pieces please bring these as well as your regular art.
- Make sure you are a paid member or bring in your membership fee and form at the time of intake. (Available here: auburnvalleycreativearts.com )
- Have your ID tags and artwork loan agreement filled out and ready to go at intake. (Available here: auburnvalleycreativearts.com/forms )
- Have your pictures securely wired for hanging… pictures not wired properly can not be accepted at Gallery Managers discretion .
- To hang please have a volunteer duty arranged or your $20.00 hanging fee in-lieu of a duty.
Join AVCA for an al fresco day of painting in beautiful Soos Creek Park this Saturday, September 13th!
We will be painting in the park from 10 am -1pm. Members, future members and non-members welcome!! They have great selections of beautiful areas to paint in and the weather should be perfect. For details, questions and to RSVP please contact Conni and firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the gardens click here.
Please save the date for our next monthly meeting: Tuesday, September 9th at 7:00PM. Marie Lyndemere will be leading a demonstration of pastel techniques that are certain to be of interest to artists in the drawing and painting mediums. Don’t forget that our gallery is now located inside the Arcade Building at 222 East Main Street. Looking forward to catching up on what all the AVCA members have been up to this summer!
Pianos on Parade is back for a third annual parade celebrating art and music throughout Auburn! This temporary art project takes the shape of seven art-modified pianos that anyone can see and play. Previously only located in Downtown Auburn, the program has expanded to Les Gove Park and Lakeland Hills. Be sure to visit all the locations. Play our Pianos on Parade, take a photo or video and share it with all of Auburn!
AVCA member Mary Ellen Bowers has a piano on display at 101 East Main Street, outside of Nelson’s Jewelry on the corner of Auburn Way and Main Street. She was inspired by the majestic view from Auburn’s Centennial Viewpoint Park and created a torn paper collage to depict this impressive overlook. Using hand-painted paper, Mary Ellen recreated the view of Mt. Rainier and the park’s sculpture “The Long Look” (by Brad Rude.)
Check out all the wonderful pianos before they disappear on Monday, September 8th!
The new AVCA Gallery will be hosting it’s first open house tonight! Stop by 222 East Main Street, Suite F in downtown Auburn between 6:00pm and 8:00pm to check out our new space and see what the AVCA artists have been up to this summer. The gallery is located inside “The Arcade” building, so don’t be shy, come on in!
City of Auburn upcoming opportunities for visual artists:
City of Auburn’s Downtown Sculpture Gallery
Temporary public art program is accepting applications for the 2014-15 exhibition (Sept – August) Deadline, July 21, 2014
Application deadline is July 21, 2014
Autumn Art Walk
Seeking artist participation in the Autumn Art and Wine Walk on Friday September 5 from 5:00 to 9:00 PM. Full application details available at www.auburnartwalk.com and deadline for application on July 20, 2014.